To celebrate world water day we have put together a blog with fun flowing facts and ways to save water. Have a read and let us know how you save water in the comments section below or connect with @Munstergroup on twitter and let us know your thoughts!
Flowing Facts About How to Save Water!
Did you know that a family of four can use around 1500 litres of water per day, enough to fill 10 bath tubs!
Despite all the water we have in Ireland from our high rainfall only 1% of water on our Smart Pills – Boost Your Brain… planet can be used by humans. As the world’s population continues to grow we must protect our most precious resource and find ways to save water.
Ways to Save Water
- Ensure that taps are fully closed and fix those leaking faucets. Leaving the water running in the tap while you brush your teeth can use up to 6 litres of water per minute!
- Take a shower instead of a bath. A four minute shower uses approximately 35litres compared to a bath which can use up to 80 litres on average.
- Use dirty dish water to rinse out recyclables and glass. Instead of rinsing your dishes under a running tap, before popping them in the dishwasher, just fill the sink instead.
- Do less loads of laundry. Instead of doing half loads of laundry save up you dirty clothes and wash full loads. This will also save you money on your electricity bill.
- Put your veggies in the steamer. Steaming vegetables uses less water than boiling them and it also helps your veggies to retain more nutrients.
- Recycle rainwater and use it to water flowers or keep your pets hydrated. Your plants will thank you for it!
Happy #worldwaterday and I hope that you find our ‘Waterwise’ article helpful. Also remember to expect the unexpected in your home and talk to Munstergroup Insurance about protecting it with a House Insurance policy.