Mobile Home Safety Guide
Follow this simple guide to avoid danger and accidents in your mobile home. This safety guide includes tips on cooking and appliances, electricity and power, keeping the mobile home safe in winter, dogs, child safety and safe driving in the caravan and camping park. To insure your mobile home contact our friendly advisors today and get cover over the phone.
Cooking and Appliances
- Never leave a barbeque unattended and always close the cover. You may be liable for an accident caused by an unattended barbeque.
- Have an extension lead and use your deep fat fryer outside the mobile home.
- Never open a deep fat fryer when it is located near a gas hob. when you open the fryer the highly flammable oils will become airborne and ignite instantly.
- Never leave frying oils standing near a naked gas flame.
Electricity and Power
- Know the maximum wattage of appliances to avoid overloading and curcuit tripping.
- Know where the circuit board is located.
- Always keep a torch in the mobile home.
- Replace gas lamps with electric lamps.
- Always disconnect gas, electricity and water services.
- Secure all doors and windows and ensure they are fitted with good quality locks.
- Remove combustible materials from in and around the home.
- Drain down any water storage tanks and boilers.
- Always keep dogs on a leash.
- Always keep a first aid kit in the unit.
- Never leave children unattended in a play area or arcade.
- Make sure that your children know your mobile number and that of the park owner.
Driving in the Caravan and Camping Park
- Always abide by the road safety rules and speed limits in the park.
- Be aware of the holiday mindset, children can easily forget themselves while having fun.
Talk to one of our at that site experts about mobile home insurance and get instant cover over the phone.