How to keep intruders out?
This blog will provide you with tips and hints on how to keep intruders out of your home.
In the most recent CSO figures (2013) it shows us that there were 26,185 burglaries committed in Ireland. The section below gives tips on how to keep intruders from entering your home.
In a recent article in the Irish Times, the most common time for break-ins was between 5 pm and 8 pm.
At munstergroup insurance, we believe that prevention is the best way to stop an intruder from entering your home. Here are our top tips to prevent this scenario.
- Install an Intruder alarm system. Make sure that it is installed by a registered contractor, who is registered with the Private Security Authority. It will also help with reducing your home insurance premium.
- Ensure that mortice locks are fitted on all access doors of your home.
- Always ensure external doors are locked.
- Set the alarm when going to bed. Make sure that your night time alarm allows you to move freely around the house.
- Leave a spare set of keys with a trusted neighbour, friend or relative.
- Cancel all deliveries prior to leaving for holidays.
- While you are away, ask a trusted neighbour or a relative to keep an eye on the house.